In order to reach the top of the SERPs and stay there in 2014 and beyond, your website must deserve to be there. It needs to be the best in class. It must offer the best user experience in that niche. Fortunately, there are a number of free tools that can help you achieve that goal.
Some of them are:
1. Wordstream – The Wordstream Free Keyword Tool offers thousands of keyword ideas from a huge database of more than a trillion unique searches. This tool outperforms some of the paid alternatives in the market.
2. Anchor Text Over Optimization Tool – The Anchor Text Over Optimization Tool outputs anchor text diversity. Words or phrases that are potentially over-optimized are highlighted for manual review.
3. Copyscape – This is a free plagiarism checker. The software lets you enter a URL to detect duplicate content and to verify that your content is original.
4. URI Valet Header Checker – Use this to view total number of objects (http requests), time to download, object details, document internal links, and external links along with verifying server headers for each
5. Image SEO Tool – With this, simply input a URL and this tool checks image name, alt attribute, and dimensions. Alerts are given if a potential problem is discovered.
6. Microsoft Free SEO Toolkit – Now that you have run each of these tools over your website, it’s time to run a full blown SEO audit, complete with detailed reports. Fortunately, Microsoft has created a Free SEO Toolkit which does just that.