Almost all organizations, whether big or small, have begun to use Twitter to promote their company. But signing up for a Twitter account for your business is only the beginning. One of the most important elements of success for a Twitter business account involves formulating a viable plan of action. Doing so allows you to concentrate on the types of activities that will let you see the results that you are after.
Here are some tips to help you with effective Twitter marketing:
- Be a Leader, Not a Follower – Because Twitter has such a massive user base, it can be difficult for businesses to stand out from the crowd. You need to focus on getting the attention of the site’s users. Only then will you be able to turn that attention into the types of sales that you’re after. In order to do that, you have to stop worrying about getting conversations to come to you and instead go to the conversations themselves. Use hashtags and other search tools to find topics that your clients are interested in and engage with them.
- Establish Your Brand Identity – Make sure your company identity and voice are branded well. That means having a bio that tells people who you are and includes a link to your company website or a landing page and having a consistent tone so that people clearly understand who you are and what you do.
- Be Insightful – One of the most important Twitter marketing tips involves building up your brand using the social media network. If you see two customers discussing a problem that they’re having on Twitter, pop into the conversation and offer a solution. Doing so is a great way to promote you and your company as an expert in the area. When Twitter users start to see how insightful you’re being, they’re more likely to share your future comments with all of their respective followers. Your brand penetration will then begin to grow in an organic way.
- Run Discounts and Deals for Twitter Followers – Run Twitter contests such as: The next 50 people that retweet me will receive a coupon for 50 percent off or have people post pictures of themselves in the store and so on. This not helps in engaging current consumers, but also helps spread a positive image among potential consumers.
- Be Visual – Post more photos and videos as they get three to four more clicks on Twitter. It has been found that images, videos and other rich media have receive more views, clicks and shares than plain text tweets.
- Add Links to Your Website – If you don’t send your Twitter connections to your website, you won’t convert leads into sales. Twitter is an efficient way to discover clients and customers on an ongoing basis. For the best results, however, you need to have a top quality website with effective calls to action that you can direct those users to in order to close the sale. Pay attention to the types of conversations that your customers are already having and add to them in a meaningful way. Once you’ve established a connection, you can direct those users back to your website to find out more information and make them an offer.